Friday, June 29, 2012

Asparagus Harvest ... An interesting experience.

Pin It

For the past seven weeks I've been riding around in one of these.

Asparagus harvest lasts here from about mid-May until the end of June.

I met some really great people to work with. Which is a good thing, because on the days you are freezing, it's nice to have some one to laugh with. I've been hailed on. Rained on. Pulled machines through the mud. Fought off the mosquitoes. Got a sunburn through my pants. Sneezed and sneezed some more through pollen season. Learned a whole lot of Spanish and reminded myself of the Spanish I did know! I worked the festival and posed with my friend Deanna in the suit she thankfully agreed to wear so I wouldn't have too!!!

The kids came out to the festival and Storm took a hand at picking.

There were times I cursed getting up at 6:30 a.m. Times I was grateful for a latte delivery! Times I laughed so much the day was done before I knew it!

I had a blast. Even if I did think the pollen might kill me!!

I think I'm going to miss work. I can't believe I just typed that.

Although tomorrow I plan on sleeping in! At least until potato harvest starts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But being Canadian, I also love politeness!! So let's play nice hmmm?