Saturday, March 17, 2012

Inked - Part One.

Pin It
Or is it Part Five? Six?

Six I guess, technically.

Yes, Ryan has been back to the ink. This time, to get his chest and side tattooed. Now, before you send the sister posse out after me, it was his idea. In fact, knowing that it was probably going to be fairly painful, I asked him more than a few times if he wanted to go through with it. He decided to get it outlined first and then go back to get it filled. Spread the love.. er pain.. around.

But every good tattoo starts off with the initial drawing out. That's where I come in. I'm the supervisor in regards to how it looks. The purple smears are from re-draws, getting it just right all over.

Here he is, all purple inked up and ready to go.

Oh yea, that spot there, under his arm... it's gonna hurt.


The pattern carries on around his back just slightly.


Ashley, his tattoo artist, says the ribs and around his nipple aren't going to feel so awesome either.  Makes you want to rush out and drag an ink filled needle under your skin doesn't it??!


The fun starts .. now! On a side note though, doesn't Ashley's hair rock? I love it.

A couple of hours later, he was looking like this:


Ouch. See that bruising up by his collar bone? Luckily, when it comes time to color, it's really only a small tip up there to fill in.


Ryan says under the arm hurt like hell. Surprisingly, the ribs didn't but the spot over his kidneys wasn't a Sunday picnic either.


The color is going to happen in a couple of sessions. That's a lot of ink to fill. Another four hours or so.

But doesn't it look awesome so far? I can't wait for the end result.

I'm fairly sure he's not done yet. I hear rumblings of having the other arm triballed.

Yea, that's totally a word. Made up by me. Right now. Perhaps I should trademark it. Quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But being Canadian, I also love politeness!! So let's play nice hmmm?