Saturday, April 19, 2014

Progression

Pin It

We've been in the house now for 18 days and have gotten a start on a few updates.

I am more than slightly in love with the living room now, and it's only about 25% finished. It's amazing what paint can do.

We started with cream trim (ugh) and brown walls. My least favorite ever. Thanks for a inspiration picture of a bold living room, we are on our way to making it much more 'me'.

First step was to paint the ceiling a light purple. I can't wait to add some white coffered beams to it. I also still need to change out the lovely ancient fan.

A test spot. You can see how yellow the moulding is! The dark color looked like it would be quite the dramatic change!

First coat done. Windows caulked and painted. Makes me love them a little more.

Couldn't wait to hang my pictures. Need some instant gratification to keep me going.

The white makes a huge difference as well!

I worked on three walls first, so I could get curtains up! That was the main goal. Terrible blinds down, sheers and curtains up.

Storm and Blade love to take the tape off, even if I won't let them help paint.

I love the feel of the living room now. It's so me.

Of course I still need to hem the curtains and cut the curtain rods down. I just wanted to see some progress and not see my neighbours!

Also to be done is the board and batten and door moulding. I've left a spot for the massage chair but decided to not go pick it up yet until I've the walls totally done. No sense in moving that huge chair around.

Some day this winter, the floors will also be sanded down and stained a moody grey. I can't wait.

For now, I've got another wall still to be painted...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But being Canadian, I also love politeness!! So let's play nice hmmm?