Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Fun

Pin It
This month we ended up having Family Friday on Saturday, and since it was so close to Halloween, I figured instead of playing a game we should carve our pumpkins.


Dad gave us 6 pumpkins he had grown this year (yay, free pumpkins!), Michael got two as well, and Mom hit up the store for a couple of last minute pumpkins for Karrie's last minute idea.


It was Mary Ann's first time ever carving a pumpkin as they celebrate the Day of the Dead instead in the Philippines. She did an awesome job. Ryan checked out the internet for some ideas and stencils. The rest thought up something cool all on their own, well except for me. I volunteered to clean out pumpkin guts for those who hate to do it, namely Ryan, who hates the smell of them. Then I sat there, and sat there, and according to my brother, sat there and delayed yet some more.


Mom did a spider. Michael did ..well I can't remember how to spell the name of the character he did, but it's a horned rat! Wayne did Mr. Happy. I did the next one in the line, no I don't know what it is either, and Mary Ann did the end one.  Ryan was still carving at this point. That's what happens when you have three little kids you have to help clean, design and carve, you end up being the last two done!


It's amazingly hard to get a good picture, in the dark with only candlelight. I have a ton of blurry pictures!  Anyways, in the back row, we have Blade's Storm Trooper and Hunter's crazy face pumpkin.  In the front row, on the left we have mine, then Storm's skeleton bunny, Clayton's crazy good pumpkin, and Ryan's amazing in person, but hard to see in this picture, tribal monkey.

The kids can't wait for tonight to get dressed up and go to the street Halloween Festival and then hit up the neighborhood for some candy. It's been a strange year for Halloween for me. I didn't buy any candy. I sold all my outside decorations and gave away the rest of my inside ones that didn't sell. Ryan and I didn't plan out any costumes for ourselves and no party in the works this year. Next year though! Next year I have some good stuff bookmarked on my computer to make.


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But being Canadian, I also love politeness!! So let's play nice hmmm?