Thursday, May 3, 2012

Not quite what I had in mind..

Pin It
The baby quilt is coming along nicely. I even managed to figure out a way to 'fix' the bottom of hem. It comes out quite loose out of the form, but I had a little idea that maybe I could take the loose loops and chain them and it worked!


I did take a little break yesterday and made Hunter a toque. I had bought furry yarn and I wanted to see what I could do with it. He had wanted a green one so I thought I'd make the brim fur and the rest green.


Turns out, about all I wanted to do with it right after I started is break it. Much to my dismay, it has zero stretch. Go on, go ahead and attempt to pull it over the post. It'll reward you by snapping. You'll feel like snapping in no time too!

Hunter and I checked to see if it was big enough before I tied it off.  I'm not a fan. I think it's too small. Plus I don't really like the fur after all. Hunter says he likes it though, so I guess that's all that matters. I even left the 'tail' on for him.


Ryan says it can be his summer toque, since it doesn't come down far enough to really cover his ears.

In other news, I broke a peg off of the form that had the baby quilt on it. Awesome. Ryan is attempting to super glue it for me. While I wait to see if that works or not, I did what any other reasonable person would do.

I started a new project. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But being Canadian, I also love politeness!! So let's play nice hmmm?