Saturday, August 27, 2011

Apple Muffins

Pin It

Storm had a craving for Apple Muffins.

I didn't have an actual recipe to turn to, but I did have an Apple Coffee Cake recipe I'd made a couple of times before (ripped out from a random magazine). I never did like the streusel they put on top so I made the crumb topping from my Grandma's Crumb Cake that I love.

One part coffee cake. One part Grandma's crumb cake. All yumminess.

Apple Muffins
Yields 12

CAKE

1 1/4 cup flour      1/2 cup sugar
2 1/4 tsp baking powder   1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt  1/2 cup milk
4 tbsp oil (or melted butter)   1 egg, beaten
2 apples, peeled and diced
  • Mix the dry ingredients for the batter in a medium bowl.
  • In a separate bowl, mix milk, oil and egg.
  • Pour into dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in apples.
  • Pour into lined muffin tin. Put on a generous tablespoon of Grandma's crumb topping.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry.
GRANDMA'S CRUMB TOPPING
1/4 cup butter, slightly softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
  • Mix together until crumbly.


You can come over for one of these though, if you hurry. I doubled the recipe thinking that original cake recipe wouldn't make twelve and I had enough to make 24!

Quick! Come save my arse from getting any wider!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, between Apple muffins and french bread, looks like you've been cooking up a "Storm"!Everything looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! But being Canadian, I also love politeness!! So let's play nice hmmm?