The kids are not so excited, but Mom is!!
Today, we broke out the play-doh recipe and I had a solid two hour break from things that I just needed to be told about.
Here's the recipe for the easiest way to get a 2 hour break.
2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
2 pkg Kool-Aid
2 cups boiling water
2-3 tbsp oil
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and kool-aid thoroughly in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the oil to the flour mixture. Stir.
- Add boiling water to mixture and stir until completely mixed
- Knead together with hands, adding more oil if it seems sticky.
- Let cool a bit in a plastic bag before using. Easily cut in half or doubled, we only made half batches today
This playdoh smells awesome, doesn't stick to anything, takes 5 minutes to make, is easy to mold and make shapes with and doesn't keep*
Yes, that is a plus by the way. That way you don't have it around so long that they want you to participate in making fabulous creations such as:
Storm's Cinnamon Buns
*This actually keeps for 2-3 weeks in the fridge or a week or so on the counter, but let's not tell the kids okay. You shoulda seen my carpet under the table! Oy!
I don't have to tell you what I see when I look at this 'tank'..... LOL