Friday, December 3, 2010

Disappointment

Pin It
Utter, crushing disappointment.

That was what I was feeling the other night.  Boo.

We finally bought the plexi-glass for the buffet doors.  I finally got the buffet door painted! Go me.

I wanted a design frosted into the glass, and had found some inspiration in the form of my floor lamp.


I traced it out, with the help of my mom holding the paper behind it.

Put the design on to some plastic. 


Ryan cut it all out carefully and put it on the glass.


I made him spray paint it too.  I'm too impatient for it, and he does it all the time at work anyways.


Waited for it to start "frosting"


I don't even want to show you the picture of it after we took the stencil off.

My original plan was just to fix it some how, some way, or just start again and then show you the buffet finally done.

However.  I'll share my pain.

Even Rodeo can't bear to look.

Okay, so from a distance, and if you're farsighted, nearsighted or have your eyes closed, they don't look bad.  They almost look like what I wanted.

Here's the ugly close-up.

Let's just not talk about it.

Yes, I bought laquer thinner.
Yes, I tried to fix this mess.

No, it didn't work. Gah!  That's all I have to say.

I've decided that how this story ends, in the end, will be better and more epic than this anyways.

So all will be good.  Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But being Canadian, I also love politeness!! So let's play nice hmmm?